Build-to-Demand for Automotive
A true demand-driven supply chain (DDSC) has long been the Holy Grail of automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEM). Even when forecasts are finely tuned, an unexpected spike or drop in demand can wreak havoc on production schedules, market forecasts, sales plans, and supply plans. This leads to problems such as stock outs and lost sales, inventory pileups, poor capacity utilization, and declining revenues.
Today, these margin-sappers are increasingly avoidable thanks to One Network’s (ONE) recent advances in cloud-based network technology that finally make the demand driven supply chain (DDSC) a reality. This network technology is called the Real Time Value Network. The Real Time Value Network is the single biggest development in supply chain technology since ERP or e-commerce. It is an extremely responsive cloud-based network where information lead times are virtually eliminated and physical lead times are minimized.
What’s in the Build-to-Demand White Paper for the Automotive Industry
- The powerful build-to-demand strategy and how if compares to build-to-stock (BTS) and build-to-order (BTO)
- The current automotive industry landscape
- The 2 major hurdles of transitioning to build-to-demand and how to get around them
- The 7 key enablers that ensure a successful build-to-demand strategy
- An overview of Real Time Value Network’s Build-to-Demand solution
demand driven automotive supply chain, build-to-demand, responsive supply chain, consumer-driven supply chain