Food Supplier Solutions
Responding to the highly volatile demand from restaurants and stores is a major challenge for most food suppliers. One Network’s real-time network allows suppliers to see consumer demand at the restaurant, anticipate orders and collaborate in real-time with trading partners. The result is better forecasts, lower inventory, higher customer satisfaction and less waste.
with real time automated planning
Lower inventory 40-50%
Respond 10X faster
Real time visibility, coupled with demand-based forecasting, will help create a more efficient and agile supply chain.
– Lissette Gonzalez, Vice President, Global Planning and Forecasting, BBI
Real Time Visibility Across All Trading Partners
One Network’s patented platform shares real time demand and information across all trading partners with immediate visibility and automated actions, eliminating delays and reducing costs through waste reduction, lower required inventory levels and reduced demand on employees. The Real Time Value Network provides powerful apps, unified on one platform, so they are always in sync and working intelligently together. They provide:
- POS and Demand Sensing – ONE’s proprietary Demand Sensing engine analyzes recent patterns in POS data at a store and item level to determine where demand driven forecast adjustments are needed. These adjustments are relayed through automated replenishment planning to drive better allocation of resources from DCs to stores and from suppliers to DCs.
- Menu Item POS to SKU – ONE developed a unique approach to translate demand for menu items to restaurant raw material requirements. Demand forecasts are generated in BOTH menu items AND raw material items. This ties consumer demand to raw material demand and provides a superior demand signal to DCs. Further, DC forecasts to suppliers are more accurate as they tie back to actual consumer buying activity.
- Tracking, Audits and Compliance – Lot tracking, sustainability, recalls, audit trails, regulatory compliance. It’s all there to get the right eyes on the most important issues for quick resolution.
- Global transaction Backbone – Across 3PL, 4PL, Suppliers, Distributors, Carriers, Warehouse providers and Customs. The Network facilitates collaboration across multiple partners in real time.
How It Works
One Network’s patented Real Time Value Network provides a powerful multi-party, multi-tier, hub-to-hub network, providing a global transaction backbone with a single version of the truth for all parties.
The One Network Difference
- Multi-tier enables better decisions, more responsiveness, reduces over-ordering and waste, reduces surprise stock-outs, and improves freshness.
- Real time visibility to POS consumer demand, not just store orders. A multi-tier solution improves sell-thru, improves forecast, and lowers inventory costs.
- Multi-party to better coordinate processes and trading partners and enable real time collaboration. All parties on the network enjoy the full power of the solution.
Lower DC Inventory by up to 50%, Reduce Order to Shipment Processing Time and Reduce Overstocking Expirations
Accurate near and long term forecasts drive more stable demands on production, improving on-time delivery and service level adherence.
- Improved Accuracy of DC Orders – Automated replenishment leverages Demand Sensing technology and Last Minute Allocation to drive a much better demand signal from store to DC and from DC to Supplier.
- Reduce Order to Shipment Processing Time – ONE can turn orders into action. Automatically convert store or DC orders to shipping orders.
- Optimized Execution – Reduce order processing and planning time by using ONE’s automated replenishment. ONE calculates requirements based upon current store inventory, orders already placed and projected usage. Usage of raw materials is tied directly to menu item sales forecast using recipes.
- Dynamic Inventory Optimization – Last Minute Allocation (LMA) directs inventory to the DCs with greatest need and likelihood of selling. This results in fewer stock outs and reduced waste.
- Reduced Expirations – lower inventory levels and higher accuracy of demand results in reduced spoilage.
- Fewer Expedites – Eliminate “I forgot to order” emergencies and “gut-feel” forecasting. Results in improved forecasts and orders from stores and from DCs to suppliers.
How It Works
The Real Time Value Network provides a SVOT for perfect order root cause analysis for optimized planning and execution.
The One Network Difference
ONE’s Real Time Value Network (RTVN) enables increased visibility, faster and more efficient collaboration and more accurate store orders. ONE translates from menu item demand to raw material demand using defined recipes.
Demand Sensing (DT) monitors POS transactions and quickly modifies forecasts where a store or group of stores is experiencing a deviation in actual customer traffic or menu item selection. Demand plans are communicated to distributors and suppliers. Automation throughout the supply chain yields efficiency gains and reduced costs for each network partner.
Increased Network and Operational Agility
The combined power of increased network and operational agility means unprecedented responsiveness, revenue capture and cost reductions.
- Network – Add / replace restaurants, franchises, distributors, suppliers; (includes on-boarding, purges etc.)
- Operational – Automated exception based Sense and Respond (demand/supply/business continuity), LTO (Limited Time Offer [promotion]) planning and execution
- Reducing information lead time – Eliminate the time required to gather and send data to a trading partner. By working in a single, real time network, restaurants realize reduced inventory and demand volatility risk.
- Flexible – Place orders as needed rather than waiting to adhere to fixed batch times
How It Works
The Real Time Value Network enables you to optimize as you execute, reducing costs by 5-15% and improving service. It provides continuous, automated exception based event-based, sense, respond, collaborate, and execute while reducing human effort and achieving superior forecast accuracy, reduced inventory, fewer stock outs and reduced waste.
The One Network Difference
- ENO / IXM Agents – ONE proprietary engines are purpose built to optimize throughout the forecasting, replenishment, allocation and restaurant ordering process
- Optimized Execution – well coordinated and visible partner collaboration reducing lead times and inventory
- Network-in-a-box – get trading partners integrated with the network quickly, even if their other technology is limited
Restaurant and Foodservice Resources
Learn how one leading global fine and casual dining restaurant opted to move beyond spreadsheets and legacy ERP systems, to transform into a digital supply chain.
ONE Platform is an application Platform-as-a-Service (aPaaS) and is designed for multi-party network ecosystems from the ground up. ONE Platform development tools enable rapid development of innovative, supportable, Software-as-as-Service (SaaS) applications for business networks. Shorten your software development lifecycle using our aPaaS.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) can offer a huge benefit to supply chain managers, but only if it is based on solid fundamentals that take into account the diverse and dynamic nature of today’s modern supply chains. This report identifies the eight fundamentals that need to be in place in order to achieve the dramatic returns that AI is capable of delivering.
Learn how learn how Bloomin’ Brands Inc, a leading restaurant group whose brands include Bonefish Grill, Carrabba’s Italian Grill, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar and Outback Steakhouse digitized their supply chain.