The Software Engineer for Performance/Scalability/Reliability will be a member of the product development team. They will focus heavily on ensuring ONE’s solutions can scale up to strenuous real-world loads and maintaining reliability and up-time in the face of partial software and hardware failures. Primary responsibilities will include loading high volumes of data, simulating application user web traffic using scripts, simulating integration loads, analyzing application performance, providing help in correcting performance issues, and simulating failure and recovery scenarios.
- Design, Build & Maintain test automation scripts to simulate end users and integration
- Write scripts to load large volume of data into a relational database
- Analyze application performance using java profiler tools, identify performance bottlenecks and assist in tuning the application.
- Analyze database queries for basic tuning issues, e.g. missing indexes
- Contribute to design documents and participate in design reviews, esp. as regards performance/scalability/reliability best practices and enhancements
- Troubleshoot and support performance and reliability issues faced in production systems when required
BE/ME in Engineering, Computer Science, Supply Chain
Experience and Skills:
- 3 to 6 years
- Candidate should have a basic understanding of Java and the JVM
- Comfortable with Linux – can start/stop processes, write basic scripts, review log files, etc.
- Competent in at least one scripting language (e.g. python, ruby, perl, etc.) with a willingness to learn others. Previous experience with the jython-based load testing framework “Grinder” is a plus.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Functional knowledge of enterprise applications, supply chains, logistics, order management, etc. is a plus
Please submit resumes and inquiries to:
One Network Enterprises promotes an equal opportunity workplace, which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees so long as this does not create an undue hardship on the company. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties. This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and/or directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.