GPS, REAL-TIME DATA AND THE AUTONOMOUS SUPPLY CHAIN
One Network’s Telematics Solution uses real-time vehicle data and intelligent agents with integrated planning and execution to enable more efficient and resilient supply chains
A supply chain is only as fast as the data driving it. Today, new sources of real-time data such as telematics, powering a planning and execution platform, means your supply chain can be more efficient, better optimized, and more automated than ever.
Know Your Supply Chain Status Now
The One Network Platform captures, analyzes, and consumes real-time streaming data from GPS, IoT devices, sensors, and electronic data logging devices (ELD) embedded in containers and vehicles (both tractors and trailers). It provides you with real-time status and locations of your orders, predicted future locations and accurate arrival times. It can provide advanced monitoring for temperature and door openings. The platform’s intelligent NEO agents consider all the factors, such as speed, traffic, and delivery times, and alert you to potential problems well in advance.
“Everything is only as real-time as the actual data.”
– Ranjit Notani, CTO and Co-Founder, One Network Enterprises
When an order is delayed, NEO agents recommend contingency plans that maximize service levels at the lowest cost. They optimize plans continuously, comparing actual real-time execution data against the plan, and identify variances and the impact on logistics and supply chain performance. Intelligent NEO agents recommend practical and cost-effective solutions, based on actual execution data, resources and constraints in the network. NEO agents can also autonomously execute solutions, such as change dock door appointments, create and change orders, or expedite shipments, to keep service levels high and your supply chain running smoothly.
The result is your supply chain runs more efficiently and is more resistant to disruptions than ever.
You Have Questions, the NEO Platform Has the Answers
Across industries and geographies, private fleets or carrier networks, One Network helps global enterprises answer important questions, including:
- Will the vehicle meet the pickup schedule?
- Will the delivery be on time?
- If not, when?
- Is the vehicle following the intended plan, and sticking to the optimum solution?
- Which orders are at risk?
- How do I optimally adjust my plan?
We’ll help you answer these questions across hundreds or hundreds of thousands of shipments across your transportation network. These answers drive planning and execution functions and decisions – optimize the supply chain, and improve performance and metrics across multiple parties in the supply chain.
The One Network Difference: An Intelligent and Integrated Platform
In a market cluttered with tracking solutions, One Network’s solution is recognized as a leader, because it is built differently, works better, and delivers higher value. For example:
- More than Just Transportation Status, see the Impact of Changes on Orders and Customers. We’ll show you “what is where,” not just the vehicle or container but the actual Order and Item level details. We take this further and can help you understand the true impact on your business when there are delays.
- Respond Effectively to Changes. Do your plans and schedules adapt seamlessly based on information detected in the monitoring of actual execution? Can you react immediately and realize the benefits of real time telematics data, or do you still rely on manual methods and siloed technology to react to changes? The One Network Control Tower includes full planning and transaction execution capabilities that use telematics monitoring and intelligence to keep your plans and schedules optimal.
- Combine Telematics Data with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Advanced Planning. Real-time visibility has always been the core of our Control Tower services and we fully utilize the telematics capability in planning and execution, e.g. considering vehicle predicted future location in planning and scheduling. We improve Network intelligence by “learning” actual travel times and patterns, and use ETA and smart time fences (latest time to depart) to detect delays and potential delays. We improve the accuracy of ETA data by supplementing Carrier data with telematics.
- NEO Platform is a Unified Platform Combining the Power of Telematics, Planning and Execution. Real-time visibility should not be viewed in isolation, but must be tightly integrated into planning and execution processes for best results. This where traditional telematics aggregator providers fail, as they require large integration efforts and costly on-going maintenance. These solutions are forced to charge a premium for their visibility-only services. One Network’s NEO Platform is designed from the ground up, to be an integrated real-time platform, across planning and execution, and across all tiers of the end-to-end supply chain.
“Our goal is to get more and more accurate on that ETA.”
– Ranjit Notani, CTO and Co-Founder, One Network Enterprises
Expect More and Realize Bigger Business Benefits
The NEO Platform’s unique architecture means unique business benefits, including:
- Increased Asset Utilization – Optimize the utilization of transportation assets (own or contracted) and equipment by knowing the exact time and location when they’re available for other activities. This includes capitalizing on backhaul opportunities.
- Greater Resource Utilization – One of the biggest cost drivers in DC operations is people. Having teams scheduled but not utilized causes waste and staff frustration. Early visibility and the ability to change schedules to optimize productivity is key. For example, your team can schedule another vehicle when there is a delay, or reduce team size based on known arrivals of vehicles.
- Higher Service Levels – Spot exceptions and potential delays faster and earlier than ever before – so your team has more options to optimize your response for the best customer outcome at the lowest cost.
- Better Operator Performance – Monitor and manage the performance of drivers and other resources by accurately measuring plan adherence and find tactical opportunities to improve performance, such as off-route stops or changes in schedule to accommodate for traffic patterns.
- Competitive Differentiation for Shippers – Become a shipper of choice with accurate information about arrivals, and better exception handling.
What Is a Telematics-Enabled Control Tower?
We’ve taken our Control Tower solution, already recognized as a leader by Gartner, Nucleus Research, IDC and others, and enhanced it with rich telematics data.
Telematics is vehicular data (GPS, ELD, IoT, etc.) that is transmitted for use by supply chain and business systems. These GPS and other data streams are provided through a number of technologies:
- Electronic Logging Devices (ELD) can be a simple or more comprehensive devices that are a federal requirement and intended to log the operating hours of drivers to comply with the law.
- On-Board Computers (OBC) log data from the vehicle and provide information to the driver. OBC’s can be built in by the vehicle manufacturer or installed afterwards by fleet owners.
- Advanced Monitoring Systems monitor the status of things such as temperature and the opening of doors.
- Mobile Applications are used in assigning driver tasks and log information regarding pickup and delivery operations.
These technologies track the location and movements of the device, the vehicle, and its load. This tracking can be done on the tractor, for a specific trailer, at the container level, and even down to sub-components such as equipment and the load itself.
The NEO Platform supports these technologies and analyzes their interval streaming data to provide a clear, rich, real-time picture of your supply chain. The One Network Control Tower provides an intuitive and configurable dashboard that displays critical location data, movement vectors and information from other monitoring devices and sensors. Intelligent NEO agents continuously monitor data streams, and compare the plan information to relevant execution activities. Agents identify variances and departures from the plan, and alert you to the impact on related logistics and supply chain activities, and on the customer. NEO agents then consider all practical options, based on available resources and constraints in your network, and recommend cost-effective solutions – to keep your supply chain operations running optimally.
The Industry’s Most Cost-Effective Solution for Real-Time Visibility
One Network partners with all the leading data providers in this space. With our scale and our broad solution footprint in supply chain planning and execution, we’re able to bring our telematics services to the market at a fraction of the cost of other offerings for real time tracking and visibility. Please contact us to learn more.