The U.S. Marine Corps’ (USMC) existing inventory management system for global ammunition was aging, error-prone, lacked inventory visibility & was tightly integrated to legacy systems throughout the Department of Defense (DOD) including the U.S. Army and Navy. The USMC needed to modernize its system from legacy technology to an Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) platform, while maintaining all integrations.
- Global inventory visibility into worldwide asset postures across 315 DoDICs
- Total Munitions Requirement Improved service levels to 124 supported activities
- Improved transaction accuracy with error rates down from +64% to as low as 0.3%
- Improved customer satisfaction with 100% scheduled availability
- Reduced total system cost to deploy, maintain & support