TMS and Intelligent Logistics
Transportation Management System (TMS) Uses Artificial Intelligence to Optimize Your Entire Transportation Network
TMS in the Intelligent Logistics solution suite is a better choice than a traditional Transportation Management System, because not only does Intelligent Logistics provide all the benefits of a TMS, it also includes several additional services that extend the TMS footprint and enable companies to use automated decision-making technology to solve upstream and downstream issues that directly affect transportation-making the Intelligent Logistics value proposition unique to the marketplace.
A Transportation Management System that Optimizes Across the Entire Network
One Network has successfully allowed Safeway to streamline and centralized our transportation and appointment scheduling functions. We have benefited by reducing labor costs, improving our supply chain predictability and visibility, and reducing overall transportation costs.
– VP of Transportation, Safeway
All Intelligent Logistics services are fully integrated within a single cloud-based system, the Real Time Value Network™, subscribers have the ability to choose only those services they initially need while retaining the ability to easily add other services in the future. For example, a company that needed traditional TMS functionality would use Intelligent Logistics for transportation planning and optimization, transportation execution, and financial reconciliation.
However unlike traditional systems, which optimize only what lies within a given enterprise’s four walls, Intelligent Logistics leverages the multi-party nature of the Real Time Value Network platform to provide TMS capabilities to all service providers in the transportation ecosystem, giving Intelligent Logistics subscribers visibility and control over all transportation transactions. This is one reason why a TMS with Intelligent Logistics is especially well suited for managing 3PLs and shippers with complex transportation networks.
Subscribers to Intelligent Logistics can also easily go beyond traditional TMS and add services that manage its parcel shipments, yards, fleets (including private), dock door scheduling, and global trade processes, the result being a system that optimizes the entire logistics lifecycle. All of this in a single system, accessible anywhere in the world via an internet browser. To achieve this elsewhere would require stacking multiple point solutions on top of one another, in the process creating system integration problems and even more complexity, leading to disappointing results.
TMS with Intelligent Logistics
- Integrated transportation planning and optimization, execution, and financial reconciliation deliver comprehensive visibility and control across entire transportation network
- Decision-making technology enables system to plan and execute almost every transportation-related transaction from order creation to delivery without human intervention
- Leverages multi-party network to provide TMS capabilities to all service providers throughout the transportation network
- Expands TMS footprint to solve upstream and downstream issues that directly affect transportation
- Captures a single version of the truth for all transactions in your transportation ecosystem
- Enables partners to perform more tasks themselves such as scheduling appointments and creating invoices
- Provides real time visibility to shipment status
- Precise control over which users and organizations can view information and execute transactions
Intelligent Logistics Resources
Global logistics provider Resolve, reveals how they have improved their results, expanded their solution offering, and simplified their technology.
Drive the complete lifecycle of transportation processes with precision, including procurement and contracting, shipment planning, execution and tracking, yard management, appointment scheduling, and financial and claims settlement – all on a single, cloud-based platform.
How logistics service providers can conquer today’s complexity, differentiate their services, and surge ahead of competitors.