Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
Create and Execute S&OP Plans with Your Trading Partners
S&OP in the Real Time Value Network™ links your organization’s multi-year strategy plan, annual operating plan, and monthly S&OP plans with tactical sales, marketing, and financial goals, while providing the ability to execute across your operations and key trading relationships.
This approach reduces supply and demand variability, ensures business continuity, and enables executives to plan for profitability with highly accurate financial projections. The critical capabilities enabling this process include:
We knew we needed to find a way to deliver more value to our customers and trading partners while reducing inventory and operations costs. We’ve chosen One Network because of its unique and highly innovative technology.
- Global Director, Materials & Logistics, Dana
- Comparing gaps in annual operating plan with S&OP plans and actual sales through configurable exceptions
- Reviewing the profit and loss (P&L) impact of S&OP decisions
- Incorporating collaborative account plans (POS forecast or shipment based) with key channel partners into your S&OP process
- Back propagating consumer demand all the way to the factory and computing the raw material forecast via demand translation of the finished goods forecast
- Constraining your S&OP plans with operational constraints such as lead times and availability of critical materials
- Seeing operations and network-wide impact of S&OP decisions such as promotions and new product launches through interactive “what-ifs”
- Reaching consensus plans during S&OP meetings in a live web-based system
- Automatically aggregating sub plans by Geography/Channel/Product Line into corporate level plans
- Ability to set targets and measure the plan against the target
- Dynamic P&L adds new data measures on the fly and includes them in the P&L computation
Traditional S&OP processes struggle because they are manually intensive, rely on data in a myriad of systems, are not supply constrained, and take too long to complete. S&OP in the Real Time Value Network lets your organization easily create and execute your S&OP plans on a single cloud platform. Download the Sales and Operations Planning brochure to learn more.
S&OP at a Glance
- Execute your S&OP plan: Enables your S&OP plan to drive operational plans and execution
- Include your key trading partners: S&OP plans include key channel partners and critical material suppliers for an integrated business plan that meets your annual operating plan targets
- Faster process: Links underlying systems to provide a complete business view to speed up your S&OP process
- Analyze network wide impact of S&OP decisions: Analyze impact of decisions like promotions and new product introduction across your operations and trading partners
Integrated Business Planning and S&OP Resources
Integrated Business Planning & Execution
The Integrated Business Planning solution suite provides powerful solutions for Sales & Operations Planning and Execution (S&OP), Business Continuity and Risk Management, and Sustainability.
Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
One Network's unique Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) solution is built on the Real Time Value Network, enabling subscribers to coordinate strategic and tactical planning across all internal operations and key trading partners, from the point of consumption to raw material suppliers.