Telematics, IoT, and the Autonomous Supply Chain
One Network delivers dramatic benefits when Telematics technology is tightly coupled with network-based planning and execution in a Telematics-Enabled Control Tower.
The Power of One Network’s Telematics-Enabled Control Tower Solution
Telematics can provide GPS tracking and sensor data for every shipment, and no doubt it’s a breakthrough technology. But for world-class supply chain execution, you need much more. More than vehicle status, you need the status of every order that’s on-board. If it’s in-transit, you need a predicted future location ETA. If it’s delayed, you need contingency plans to maximize service levels at lowest cost. You need options that optimize your plans continuously, comparing actuals versus the plan, identifying variances and the impact on logistics and supply chain performance in real time. One Network provides all this and more.
Everything is only as real-time as the actual data.
- Ranjit Notani, CTO and Co-Founder, One Network Enterprises
Get Answers to These Questions
- Will the vehicle meet the pickup schedule?
- Will the delivery be on time?
- If not, when?
- Is the vehicle following the intended plan, and sticking to the optimum solution?
- Which orders are at risk?
- How do I optimally adjust my plan?
We’ll help you answer these questions across hundreds or hundreds of thousands of shipments across your transportation network. The answers drive many planning and execution functions and decisions - and impact multiple parties in the supply chain.
The One Network Difference
In a market cluttered with tracking solutions, One Network’s solution is distinctly different.
- More than just Transportation, we show you the impact on Orders and Customers. We’ll show you “what is where,” not just the vehicle or container but the actual Order and Item level details. We take this further and can help you understand the true impact on your business when there are delays.
- We help you respond to changes optimally. Do your plans and schedules adapt seamlessly based on information detected in the monitoring of actual execution? Can you react immediately and realize the benefits of real time Telematics data, or do you still rely on manual methods and siloed technology to react to changes? The One Network Control Tower includes full planning and transaction execution capabilities that use Telematics monitoring and intelligence to keep your plans and schedules optimal.
- We combine Telematics data with artificial intelligence and machine learning for advanced planning. Real-time visibility has always been the core of our Control Tower services and we fully utilize the Telematics capability in Planning and Execution, e.g. considering vehicle predicted future location in planning and scheduling. We improve Network intelligence by “learning” actual travel times and patterns, and use ETA and smart time fences (latest time to depart) to detect delays and potential delays. We also improve accuracy of ETA data by supplementing Carrier data with Telematics.
- One Network offers a unified platform: Telematics + Planning + Execution. Real-time visibility should not be viewed in isolation, but must be tightly integrated into planning and execution processes for best results. This where traditional Telematics aggregator providers fall short, as they require a lot of systems integration effort and on-going maintenance. As a consequence, these solutions charge a premium for their visibility (only) services -- costs that are avoided with One Network.
Our goal is to get more and more accurate on that ETA.
- Ranjit Notani, CTO and Co-Founder, One Network Enterprises
As a result of our unique advantages, One Network offers business benefits unmatched by others:
- Increased Asset Utilization - Optimize the utilization of transportation assets (own or contracted) and equipment by knowing the exact time and location when they’re available for other activities. This includes capitalizing on backhaul opportunities.
- Greater Resource Utilization - One of the biggest cost drivers in DC operations is people. Having teams scheduled but not utilized causes waste and staff frustration. Early visibility and the ability to change schedules to optimize productivity is key. For example, your team can schedule another vehicle when there is a delay, or reduce team size based on known arrivals of vehicles.
- Higher Service Levels - Spot exceptions and potential delays faster and earlier than ever before – so your team has more options to optimize your response for the best customer outcome at lowest cost.
- Better Operator Performance - Monitor and manage the performance of drivers and other resources by accurately measuring plan adherence and find tactical opportunities to improve performance. Off-route stops or changes in schedule to accommodate for traffic patterns.
- Competitive Differentiation for Shippers - Become a shipper of choice with accurate information about arrivals, and better exception handling.
Resources for Telematics and Logistics
The Power of a Telematics-Enabled Control Tower
Supply chain experts Tim Wells, William Sears and Johann van der Westhuizen, explain how GPS and other real-time telematics data can drive more efficient, responsive and resilient supply chains. They share their experience in using telematics combined with an intelligent planning and execution platform. You will walk away understanding how you can use real-time data to anticipate problems, improve service levels, lower costs, and minimize disruptions in your supply chain. Watch Now
Real-time data is more important than ever in creating efficient, responsive and resilient supply chains. This solution brief explains how you can boost service levels and performance, with real-time data to optimize and automate your supply chain management.
Gain end-to-end visibility, insight and control over your transportation network. Learn how you can achieve 30-50% reduction in premium freight costs, 10-40% reduction in overall annual transportation costs, 2-10% increase in equipment utilization, and 12-50% reduction in manual planning.
One Network’s Global Logistics Gateway solution is a global “network of networks”. It accelerates companies’ transitions to digital by connecting them to a vast digital network of trading partners and logistics networks.
Download a complimentary copy of Nucleus Research’s Supply Chain Control Towers Value Matrix for 2019, and learn what control towers are, what they can do to boost visibility and efficiency in your supply chain.